I have no idea what is going on today, but I have been so hungry! I started off my day with some delicious oatmeal (keep reading). I also snacked on some fruit (cantaloupe, grapes, and strawberries) and now I’m munching on a FiberOne bar. Maybe I didn’t eat enough yesterday? I don’t know!
I finally got my camera in the mail today (Thanks, Mom!). So now I can show you pictures of what I am eating! I had half of a golden delicious apple in the fridge, so I decided to use that for breakfast this morning!
Here’s the recipe!
- 1/2 Golden Delicious apple (cored and chopped)
- 1/2 large banana (sliced)
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/2 cup skim milk
- 1/2 cup water
- Add half of the amount of chopped apple, banana, and cinnamon to a small saucepan over medium heat.
- Cook, stirring often, until apple softens (3 to 4 minutes).
- Add oats, milk, and honey and bring to a boil.
- Immediately reduce heat to low and cook until oats are soft. Top with remaining apple and serve!
I used this recipe a couple of weeks ago for the first time. It was my first time making oatmeal on my own and it hooked me. Now I love oatmeal, so I doubt this will be the last oatmeal recipe you see!!
I’m pretty stoked for tonight’s dinner. I’ll definitely let you know how it goes!