How did I ever survive without oatmeal? I switched out my oatmeal for a Green Monster for yesterday’s breakfast and my day felt incomplete, so I had oatmeal for dinner. It’s just as awesome for dinner as it is for breakfast!
Thing I’m obsessed with:
- Breakfast at any time of day
- French Toast
- Food blogs!!!
This morning I had apple crumb oatmeal. I wasn’t sure if I’d like the texture contrast between the VitaTop and the oatmeal, but I tried it anyway. I am definitely glad I did!! Delicious!
Apple Crumble Oatmeal
- 1/2 c oatmeal
- 1/2 c milk
- 1/2 c water
- 1/2 t cinnamon
- 1 T ground flax
- 1 T honey
- 1 small banana
- Apple Crumbles VitaTop
- Slice banana. Place in a small sauce pan with 1/4 tsp. cinnamon. Allow to heat until fragrant (a little less than 2 minutes).
- Add oatmeal, milk, water, honey, flax and remaining cinnamon. Heat mixture until boiling.
- When mixture is boiling, stir rapidly to break up the banana and turn heat to low.
- Heat up VitaTop Apple Crumbles Muffin (I keep mine frozen). I put it in the microwave for 45 seconds.
- Top oatmeal with Apple Crumble Muffin. Enjoy!