Breakfast Bonanza: Day 1 – Apple Autumn Oatmeal
I know I said that the point of Breakfast Bonanza was to have different things for breakfast this week. So you’re thinking, “Apple Autumn Oatmeal” isn’t different for me. You’re right, but I have an excuse. I was at my sister’s this weekend and pre-packed my meals before I happened upon the idea of Breakfast Bonanza. So, since I had the ingredients for Apple Autumn Oatmeal with me, that’s what I had. But that will be the only time I have it for breakfast this week, I promise!
Backtracking to last night, my brother-in-law made the most delicious stir fry! It had udon noodles, shiitake mushrooms, red bell peppers, onions, bok choy , and chicken! He put some reduced-sodium teriyaki sauce on top. It was awesome! They got the recipe from Wegmann’s. I copied it down and will definitely be using it in the future!
Fastforward…. (Sorry for all the time-jumps). For lunch I made sweet potato french fries using a recipe from 1,001 Low-Fat Vegetarian Recipes (I’m borrowing the book from my sister until I go out any get my own… I’m obsessed and I’ve had access to it for like 5 hours). I had them with a Jeannie-O Turkey Burger on an Arnold Sandwich thin and blueberry Activia Yogurt.
Making the fries was pretty easy (despite the war wound I sustained while cutting the potato).
Sweet Potato French Fries Adapted from: 1,001 Low-Fat Vegetarian Recipes Serves: 2
- 1 medium sweet potato
- Ground black pepper
- Cut potato into “fries” 3 to 4 inches long and just less than 1/2″ inch wide.
- Sprinkle lightly with 1 teaspoon salt and let stand 10 minutes. Rinse potatoes in cold water and dry well on paper towels.
- Cover a cookie-sheet with aluminum foil. Spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- Arrange potatoes in a single layer on pan; spray with cooking spray, tossing to coat all sides. Sprinkle potatoes lightly with salt and pepper.
- Bake at 350ºF until potatoes are golden brown a crisp (35 to 40 minutes). Turn potatoes halfway through cooking time.
Tonight I’m making spaghetti squash stirfry! I’ll let you know how it goes!!!