I am loving Breakfast Bonanza Week!! I had pumpkin waffles for breakfast today! Yummmmm!!!! I topped it with some SF syrup and a banana. Perfect way to start a Monday!
Inspired by Frugal Granola
- 1 cup sifted whole wheat flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 2 large eggs
- 2/3 cup buttermilk (you might be able to substitute plain yogurt???)
- 1/3 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 Tbsp SF syrup
- Grease waffle iron and heat.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, salt, baking soda, and spices.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together eggs, buttermilk, pumpkin and syrup.
- Gently stir the liquid mixture into the dry mixture.
- Cook waffle batter on waffle iron. Serve immediately.
I made 2 servings (serving size = 2 waffles) and plan on freezing the leftover waffles for later! Definitely make pumpkin waffles again. I have another recipe that I want to try and then I’ll decide which recipe makes the recipe book!