This was my first of many Meatless Mondays! I have felt awesome about going meatless all day! Go me!
- Breakfast: Pumpkin waffles with SF syrup
- Snack: Activia
- Lunch: Grilled Banana French Toast Sammich
- Snack: Apple + handful of almonds (yummmm)
- Dinner: Pasta Peperonata
Why did it take me 22 years to discover how amazing bell peppers are? I’ve been missing out on so much! So, when I saw a recipe from the recipe book my sister gave me, I didn’t even hesitate! Pasta peperonata, anyone?
Inspired by 1,001 Low-Fat Vegetarian Recipes
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced
- 3 medium onions, sliced
- 1 large red onion, sliced
- 8 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 Tbsp canola oil
- 3 Tbsp water
- 1 tsp sugar
- 8 ounces angel hair spaghetti, cooked, warm
- Saute peppers, onions, and garlic in oil in a large skillet (I used a wok) 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add water; cook, covered, over medium-high heat until soft, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Stir sugar into pepper mixture; cook, uncovered, over medium-low heat until mixture is very soft and browned, about 20 minutes.
- When you start the pepper mixture, start the water for the pasta. Cook pasta according to packaging directions.
- Toss pepper mixture with spaghetti.
I have a ton of leftovers, so I predict I’ll be having this for the next few days! Luckily, I loved it!!!