I totally forgot to take pictures of my breakfast this morning, so put on your imagination caps. I’ll take pictures next time!
I spent yesterday afternoon cooking up a storm with my leftover pumpkin. Today I got to try out one of my creations: baked pumpkin oats.
My first batch came out a little runny (fail). So I made a second batch. I froze them in individual bags once they were completely cool. Next time, I’ll probably add some maple syrup to make them a bit sweeter (and ditch the brown sugar) or more pumpkin pie spice (I didn’t add quite a tbsp) to give them more kick, but overall I was pretty happy with the results!
Baked Pumpkin Oatmeal
Inspired by Food to Run For
- 1 1/2 cups oats
- 2 bananas
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp pumpkin pie spice
- Brown sugar (for sprinkling)
- Preheat oven to 350º.
- Line loaf pan with aluminum foil. Spray with cooking spray.
- Mash banana. Then add oats, milk, and pumpkin. Mix together.
- Add egg, baking powder and pumpkin pie spice. Mix. (Top with brown sugar here, if you choose to).
- Bake at 350º for 30 minutes.
- Remove aluminum foil from pan and place on cooling rack. Allow to cool completely before cutting. Cut into 5 (lengthwise).
I place them each in baggies to be frozen for a quick and easy breakfast throughout the week. I heated up a serving this morning in the microwave for about a minute. It could have stayed in longer. I served it with Honeycrisp apple slices and peanut butter. Terrific breakfast!
Off to PT!