Yesterday I drove back to school after my long weekend home. When I got back, I went right to work on my Meatless Monday recipe that I wanted to try: Red Pepper and Cheese Pizza. Well, I had a meeting I had to be at at 6. I failed to realize that I had to make the dough, let it sit, then cook it, then cook it again with the topping. So I totally ran out of time. Which was okay because they dough was so sticky anyway, I needed time to come up with a game plan. I stuck the dough in the freezer and took it out this morning to thaw for dinner tonight. I’ll let you know how it works out.
I still did the whole MM thing yesterday. My dinner was oatmeal (bleh… I didn’t know that I could screw up oatmeal) and pear PB-dillas (which was delish)! But I’m calling a re-do for yesterday’s MM for today.
So, how did I start off my MMOT (Meatless Monday on Tuesday)?
These were super delicious! Definitely replace my first pumpkin waffle recipe!
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp ground cloves
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1/2 c pumpkin puree
- 1/4 c packed dark brown sugar (I used 1/8 c Brown Sugar Splenda)
- 1 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- Measure out flour, baking powder, cinnamon, salt, and cloves and mix together in a large bowl, making a center in the middle
- Combine milk, pumpkin puree, brown sugar, vegetable oil, and large egg in a small bowl. Then add to flour mixture, stirring until just moist.
- Spoon about 1/4 cup of batter per waffle onto hot waffle iron, spreading the batter to the edges. Cook 5 to 7 minutes (or until steaming stops). Repeat with remaining batter.
Next time, I’m going to try this recipe with whole-wheat flour and some ground flax seed to kick up the nutrition some!