Maybe it’s just me, but when I look at the word Quinoa, my brain wants to say Qui-no-ah. The guy helping me find Quinoa at the grocery store today kindly instructed me that the proper way to say it was Keen-wa. Opps!
I was planning on making a different recipe, but my brain automatically started making this one! So….
Mandarin and Maple Spice Quinoa
Inspired by OhSheGlows
- 1/4 cup Quinoa
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/8 cup dried apricots (chopped)
- 1/16 cup dried cranberries
- 1/16 cup almonds
- 1/4 T maple syrup
- 1/4 T orange marmalade
- 1/8 cup mandarin slices
- 1/4 T EVOO
- 1/8 t cinnamon
- 1/16 t nutmeg
- Add your Quinoa, water, cinnamon, nutmeg, and marmalade to a pot. Bring mixture to a boil. Reduce to low and simmer for 12 – 13 minutes.
- Stir in your chopped apricots and cranberries.
- Cook on low, covered, for another 5 minutes.
- Stir in oil, almonds, and maple syrup.
- Stir in mandarin oranges.
- Pour into bowl. Top with a drizzle of maple syrup and cinnamon.