I need a prep chef. Why?
Because I cut myself with my knife every time I am prepping for a meal. In the exact same spot. Why am I not adapting?!
And yes, that is a Spiderman band-aid. And yes, it’s awesome. I know.
Now, my Meatless Monday Menu:
Breakfast: Banapple Oatmeal
Lunch: Banapple Curry (the theme wasn’t intentional) with quinoa and some mixed fruit
Dinner: Grilled banana sammie
I packed the curry in my Spiderman lunch box and reheated it in the microwave of one of the dining halls. De-lish. It smelled so good and since it’s curry, it overwhelmed the smell of campus food. People were jealous. I would have been too.
This was a terrible bowl color choice for this dish. I’ll update it with a better picture ASAP! Just remember: Don’t judge a book by its cover!!!
Inspired by Oh She Glows
- 1 apple, sliced (but not peeled)
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, chopped and peeled
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 banana, sliced
- 2 1/2 Tbsp. curry powder
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 cup light coconut milk
- 1/2 cup water
- Prepare the first four ingredients (apple through banana).
- Put the banana and onion in slow cooker, topped by apple slices, sweet potatoes and garlic. Add the rest of the ingredients in any order.
- Cook in slow cooker on low for 2.5 hours. Prepare yourself for a love affair with curry.
- Serve over rice or quinoa. Eat. Allow the love to blossom.
What’s on your MMM (Meatless Monday Menu)?