Where did the weekend go?
Yes. I was one of the people that stood in line to watch the midnight showing!
That’s what most of the cops looked like when we were all handed the test on Sunday, including the one sitting next to me who didn’t even bother to pretend to cheat.
Other exciting weekend events? A date! Well, two dates, but with the same guy. I’m not really sure what my thoughts are on him yet. We’ll see.
Now on to the purpose of today’s post: Meatless Monday Menu. In the first few weeks of my Meatless Monday installments, I’ve only done a meal. But that doesn’t really help you since the idea is to not eat meat all day. So from now on, I’ll do a whole MM menu that includes breakfast, lunch, and dinner!
Pineapple Breakfast Sandwich
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh pineapple
- 2 Tbsp. vanilla Greek yogurt
- 1 slices whole grain bread, toasted
- 2 large strawberries, sliced
- 1 Tbsp. chopped walnuts
- 1/2 banana, sliced
- Combine pineapple and yogurt.
- Spread yogurt mixture over bread.
- Top with remaining ingredients.
Peanut-Butter Banana Wraps
Inspired by Cooking Light
- 2 Tbsp. peanut butter (my favorite is TJ’s valencia chunky PB, but to each their own)
- 4 tsp. LF vanilla yogurt
- 1/4 Tbsp. orange juice
- 1/2 banana, sliced
- 1 tortilla
- 1/2 Tbsp. honey-crunch wheat germ
- Dash of cinnamon
- Combine peanut butter and yogurt. Stir until smooth.
- Drizzle juice over sliced bananas. Toss gently to coat.
- Spread peanut butter mixture over tortilla, leaving a half-inch border.
- Spread banana slices in a single layer over peanut butter mixture.
- Combine wheat germ and cinnamon. Shake evenly over banana.
Serve as part of your lunch. Add some veggies and maybe a yogurt to round out your meal.
Fall Vegetable Curry
- 1 1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 cup diced peeled sweet potato
- 1 cup small cauliflower florets
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced yellow onion
- 2 teaspoons Madras curry powder
- 1/2 cup organic vegetable broth (such as Swanson)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (15-ounce) can chickpeas (garbanzo beans), rinsed and drained
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can no-salt-added diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 cup plain 2% reduced-fat Greek yogurt
- Heat olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add sweet potato to pan; sauté 3 minutes. Decrease heat to medium.
- Add cauliflower, onion, and curry powder; cook 1 minute, stirring mixture constantly.
- Add broth and next 3 ingredients (through tomatoes); bring to a boil.
- Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 10 minutes or until vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally. Sprinkle with cilantro; serve with yogurt.
Serve over quinoa or brown rice.
There you go! Three delicious way to enjoy your Meatless Monday!