I’m headed back to school today. I love being home but my body doesn’t. My routine is all messed up! But I’m going to start off today with my usual Meatless Monday Menu!
Baked Apple Oatmeal
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 Gala apples, chopped
- Combine all ingredients in a microwave-safe dish.
- Microwave at high 15 minutes, or until apples are soft, stirring occasionally.
I made the baked apples for Thanksgiving dessert and have been eating the leftovers with my oatmeal this week! So good!
- 1 banana
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup oatmeal
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon flax seed
- Slice banana and place in medium sauce pan with cinnamon over medium-high heat. Allow to become heated (approx. 1 minute).
- Add the remaining ingredients. Allow oatmeal to bubble for 30 seconds to a minute, then stir vigorously to whip the banana.
- Cook oatmeal to desired consistency. (I always change the temperature to low for a minute too).
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 can (8 oz) reduce-sodium tomato sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Sauté onion and garlic in lightly grease medium saucepan until tender (about 5 minutes).
- Stir in tomato sauce and herbs. Bring to boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered until sauce thickens (about 5 minutes). Season to taste with salt/pepper.
- Whole Wheat Pizza Dough
- 1/4 cup basic pizza sauce
- 1 1/4 cup thinly sliced fresh mozzarella cheese*
- 1/3 cup small fresh basil leaves*
- 1 tomato, thinly sliced
*If you want more or less (I’m not a huge cheese fan), then go for it!
- Preheat oven to 400ºF.
- Cover cookie sheet with aluminum foil. Begin to spread dough into a 12-inch crust. When dough will not spread any further, sprinkle olive oil onto pan and continue to expand dough. Make a crust around the edge.
- Spread pizza sauce onto dough (leaving about a half-inch along the outside for crust). Next top with basil, then tomato and finally with cheese.
- Place the pizza in the oven. Bake for approximately 20 minutes, or until crust is golden brown.
Try it! This pizza is amazing!!