I’ve never made any attempt to hide or lessen my addiction to oatmeal. I discovered oatmeal a few weeks before I started blogging and I’ve been an ardent fan ever since! However, I have a confession…
I’m stuck in a rut. I’ve tried a few different variations of oatmeal (banapple oatmeal, apple crumble oatmeal, and pumpkin oatmeal) but I never stray to far. I don’t invest the time to think about. I’m happy rotating between the banapple and apple crumb oatmeal. But no more!!!
May I present, pumpkin bread oatmeal:
I didn’t think I’d like it. Honestly, my success with pumpkin oatmeal has been spotty. But I really like this combo!
Pumpkin Bread Oatmeal
– 1 banana
– 1/2 cup oats
– 1/2 cup skim milk
– 1/2 cup water
– 1/2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
– 1 slice pumpkin bread (I omitted the pecans)
1. Slice banana and place in small saucepan over medium-high heat.
2. Allow banana to simmer (approximately 90 seconds). Then add the oats, milk, water, and pumpkin pie spice.
3. Allow oatmeal to bubble. Stir vigorously at this point to blend up banana. When the oatmeal is your desired consistency, lower stove to low.
4. Transfer oatmeal to bowl after 30-60 seconds on low. Cut up slice of pumpkin bread and top oatmeal with it.
Mmmmm…. So good! Perfect after run lunch and a delicious way to use up my frozen pumpkin bread!