Whole Wheat Pizza Dough
Adapted from 1,001 Low-Fat Vegetarian Recipes
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 package fast-rising yeast
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup very hot water
- 2 tsp honey
- 1/2 c whole wheat flour
- Combine all purpose flour, yeast, and salt in bowl.
- Add hot water and honey, stirring until smooth.
- Mix in enough whole wheat flour to make a soft dough. Dough should not stick to skin much when you poke it.
- Knead dough on floured surface until smooth and elastic (3 to 5 minutes).
- Cover dough with bowl and let stand 15 minutes.
- Spread dough on pan (a drizzle of olive oil will work wonders if you let your dough sit too long, making it hard to spread out) and cook according to pizza directions.